Carrot Cake mix:
2 cups granulated white sugar
½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
3 cups all-purpose white flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Layer ingredients in 1-quart Mason jar with tight fitting lid or 1-quart non-zip locking storage bag or food storage bag shaped into a cone in order listed above.
2. Add a tag to the jar or bag with the following directions.
Carrot cake recipe:
1 package carrot cake mix
1½ cups vegetable oil or unsweetened applesauce
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 cups grated carrots
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 can (8-ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place Carrot Cake Mix in large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the mix and add the oil, eggs, carrots and pineapple. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
4. Cool the cake and frost if desired or dust with powdered sugar.